The Zimbabwe Energy Workers Union (ZEWU) will be among the unions converging in Mozambique for the Building Regional Capacity on Communications and Campaigns, Africa Regional Workshop slated for 12-14 September 2016.
The BWI and its affiliates are globally recognized as efficient sources of quick, authoritative, and substantive information on trade union and Labour
issues relating to its sectors, and continue to reach the widest possible (internal and external) audience for its information, news, issues, and campaigns via efficient and effective platforms and a reliable and skilled network of communicators and campaigners.
The series of workshops in each of the BWI sub-region is expected to result in the following:
1. An Inventory and Assessment of the communications and campaigns skills, capacities, needs, facilities, and infrastructure of select BWI affiliates is made.
2. A Database of BWI affiliates’ media platforms (to include the web addresses of affiliates, the names of focal persons for media and communications, information of data traffic of the regional or sub-regional platforms, etc.) is developed.
3. The BWI Global Communicators-Campaigner Network is created in and the global secretariat has an updated list of trained communicators and focal persons per sub-region for the dissemination of news, information, notices and campaigns.
4. A Coordination Protocol (“information flow system”) for BWI communicators/ campaigners has been discussed and adopted.
5. Participants have shared experiences and lessons in media and campaigning and have joint learning on enhancing their work and tools.